IU staff, alumni make big splash in IBJ 'Forty Under 40' list
Mar. 1, 2017
Telling the story of great young minds in the Indianapolis business community and beyond requires a significant helping of IU influence.
That's the case in the latest "Forty Under 40" in the Indianapolis Business Journal, an annual list of top young professionals in the city selected by a panel. Twenty-four of this year's 40 honorees -- 60 percent of the list -- have a direct connection to IU.
All 24 received an undergraduate, a graduate or a doctoral degree, or some combination thereof, from IU. Three are currently IU staff members -- two at the IU School of Medicine and one at the IU Foundation. One is a doctoral candidate at the IU School of Medicine.
"A lot of people working at IU are doing really interesting things, especially at the medical school," IBJ managing editor Lesley Weidenbener said.
Weidenbener noted that more than 300 nominations were submitted for the list, the most in the 25-year history of the "Forty under 40."
Since 2012, at least two IU staff members have been included on the list each year, in addition to scores of alumni.
Here's the list of IU-related 2017 honorees and their IU connections:
- Nadia Nguyen Adams, chief operating officer, Center for Health Innovation and Implementation Science, IU School of Medicine (B.A. in public health, IU Bloomington; M.A. in health care administration, IUPUI)
- Ryan Nagy, assistant professor of clinical anesthesia, IU School of Medicine, chief medical officer, IU Health, interim president, Academic Health Center (Methodist and University hospitals) (B.A. in economics, IU Bloomington; M.D., IU School of Medicine; Business of Medicine Physician MBA, Kelley School of Business, IUPUI)
- Nickolas Williams, senior associate director of regional development, IU Foundation (B.A. in sports management, IU Bloomington; M.A. in sports administration and management, IU Bloomington)
Current IU student
- Baindu Lucy Bayon, doctoral candidate, IU School of Medicine (B.A. in biology, IU Bloomington)
- Haley Altman, CEO and founder, Doxly Inc. (J.D., McKinney School of Law, IUPUI)
- Andrew Appel, president of property and casualty, Gregory & Appel Insurance (MBA, Kelley School of Business, IU Bloomington)
- Ryan Brady, director of stewardship and adviser to the Glick Philanthropies, Central Indiana Community Foundation (MPA, IUPUI)
- Scott Davis, chief investment officer, Indiana Public Retirement System (finance/accounting, Kelley School of Business, IU Bloomington)
- Peter Dinwiddie, vice president of basketball operations, Pacers Sports & Entertainment (B.A. in public policy, IU Bloomington)
- Mark Fisher, chief policy officer, Indy Chamber (B.A. in sociology, IU Bloomington; certificate in nonprofit management, IUPUI)
- Tom Hanley, CEO and executive director, Nine13sports (B.A. in general studies, IUPUI)
- Laurel Judkins, director of executive communications, Cummins Inc. (B.A. in psychology, IU Bloomington; J.D., Maurer School of Law, IU Bloomington)
- Anna Obergfell Kirkman, associate counsel and medical-legal partnership director, Eskenazi Health (J.D., Maurer School of Law, IU Bloomington)
- Tony Knoble, president, TWG Development LLC (B.A. in accounting/finance with specialization in real estate, Kelley School of Business, IU Bloomington)
- Tiffany Kyser, associate director of engagement and partnerships, Midwest and Plains Equity Assistance Center at the Great Lakes Equity Center (B.A. in English education, M.A. in English, Ph.D. in urban education studies, all IUPUI)
- Jill Margetts, principal, Centerfield Capital Partners (MBA in finance, Kelley School of Business, IUPUI)
- Steven Meyer, executive director, King Park Development Corp. (B.A. in philosophy and anthropology, IU Bloomington; J.D., McKinney School of Law, IUPUI)
- Jackie Morales, vice president of communications and public affairs, Morales Group (B.A. in journalism, IU Bloomington)
- Ryan Pfenninger, chief technology officer, 250ok (B.A. in computer information systems, IU Bloomington; MSA in information systems, Kelley School of Business, IU Bloomington)
- Stephen Reynolds, partner, Ice Miller LLP (J.D., Maurer School of Law, IU Bloomington)
- Nathan Sinsabaugh, president, Studio Science (B.A., Herron School of Art and Design, IUPUI)
- Jason Sondhi, president, Sondhi Solutions (B.A. in computer information systems and entrepreneurship, Kelley School of Business, IU Bloomington)
- Cole Varga, executive director, Exodus Refugee Immigration Inc. (B.A. in psychology and criminal justice, IU Bloomington)
- Jeffrey Wilson, director of corporate audit services, Eli Lilly & Co. (B.A. in finance/accounting, Kelley School of Business, IU Bloomington)